We Can Help You!
We launched our Good Neighbour Scheme on 1st March 2013
What services do we provide?
(These are not exhaustive and will be dependent on the resources at our disposal)
– Prescription collection
– Lifts to/from hospitals, clinics, doctors and other appointments
– Befriending / sitting with someone
– Light household duties around the house and/or garden
– Minor indoor repairs/light DIY
– Filling in forms and (non legal) letter writing
We have a dedicated mobile phone number that is looked after by some of our 30 volunteers, you can call, speak to someone or leave a message or asked to be called back, and they will then ‘book’ you in.
Dedicated Mobile Number: 07513 37 24 15
Who is able to receive assistance from Good Neighbour Scheme?
- Only residents of the Parish which includes Aley Green, Pepperstock, Slip End and Woodside
- There is no restriction on clients as to age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or nation origin, religion or creed, gender, marital status, sexuality or disability, however due to CRB (criminal records bureau) restrictions we are unable to help anyone under the age of 18
- The need must only be occasional
- The need must be genuine
- The Good Neighbour Scheme is not an emergency service and should not be used as such
- The range of services offered will may vary depending on the skills, experience and availability of the volunteers at the time
- Each request will be considered on its merits, any response does not create a precedent
- The Good Neighbour Scheme reserves the right to decline a request
It is not the Good Neighbour Schemes intention to compete or deprive local trades such as gardeners/handymen/contractors of their livelihood.
In short, the Good Neighbour Scheme would attend to things that a family member might do for a relative.
Chairman – Simon Patterson – 01582 419 487 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chairman – Rosemary Wickens
Secretary – Carol Patterson – 01582 419 487 or email@example.com
Treasurer – Carol Beeton
Other Committee Members – Nikki West, Karin Stay
We are being ably assisted by Beds Rural Community Charities
The Good Neighbour Scheme Insurance Policy is paid for and maintained by the Slip End & District Community Projects Group.