Data Protection Information
Slip End Parish Council complies with all current Data Protection laws and is registered with the Information Commissioner`s Office as a Data Controller.
• Written correspondence sent to the Parish Clerk is understood to have been sent to the Parish Council, and may be circulated to the Members of the Parish Council without further reference to the sender.
• Written correspondence sent directly to Councillors will not be circulated without your prior written consent.
• Letter correspondence sent to the Parish Council will be kept on file for six months and then destroyed.
• E-Mails will be kept permanently in the general correspondence stream.
• You have the right to request to the Clerk, that your correspondence by letter or E-Mail be destroyed or deleted at any time.
• The exception to this is where correspondence may be used in future legal or insurance claims and may be needed for evidence. In these cases, it will need to be kept permanently on file.
• You have the right to request to view any correspondence or data the Parish Council holds concerning yourself.
• All quotes will be kept on file for the period of two years for comparison purposes.
• You may request from the Clerk that these be destroyed before this time.
• Agreed contracts, Invoices and payment amounts will be kept permanently on file for Accounting and Audit purposes.
• Contractor name and payment amounts will form part of the Accounts and also the Meeting Minutes, as an Appendix.
• The Accounts and Minutes are required to be published on our website for transparency reasons.
• Contractors have the right to request to view any correspondence or data the Parish Council holds concerning yourself.